Migration Agent Australia
Migration Agent Australia (To Legal), is an immigration law practice based in Melbourne, Australia. Although we operate in Australia, we provide immigration and legal services to people from all over the world, regardless of whether they are situated inside Australia or outside Australia. This is conveniently possible through the use of modern telecommunications technology.
However, the benefits of the Internet and the potential risk of being scammed sadly go hand in hand. Therefore, we recognise the importance of an Internet Scam Alert and provide independent website links for verification purposes.
Migration Agent Australia (To Legal) was founded and is operated by Jay To, who is an:
Migration Agent Australia provide a full range of immigration services to its clients, which include providing strategic and procedural immigration advice as well as administrative services. Migration Agent Australia is ‘outcome focused‘ and provide realistic advice that is practical and possible and more importantly, in ‘plain English’.
Our objective is to provide immigration services that assist our clients become comfortable and confident to proceed with their visa application. Therefore, Migration Agent Australia provide professional immigration services with a personal touch and tailored to its clients’ personal needs.
With the use of today’s telecommunications technology, living outside Australia and retaining our services from within Australia is certainly not a problem. Migration Agent Australia is ready to assist you with all your immigration needs.
Contact Migration Agent Australia for professional, but personalised services provided in a cost effective and timely manner.
- advises on Australian immigration laws, policies, procedures and processes
- completes DIBP forms, prepares checklists and drafts statutory declarations
- completes, reviews and lodges your visa application and sponsorship
- represents you with all dealings with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
A migration agent providing immigration services in Australia must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (commonly known as the 'MARA)'.
- Migration Agent: Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice (6 months full-time)
- Immigration Lawyer: Current Practising Certificate, Bachelor of Laws (3 years full-time)
- Migration Agent: No training requirement
- Immigration Lawyer: Supervised training requirement needs to be met
- Migration Agent: Quality of immigration submission is dependent on experience
- Immigration Lawyer: Quality of persuasive arguments is based on legal qualifications, supervised training and experience
Confidential and Privilege Information
- Migration Agent: Communications are not protected by legal privilege
- Immigration Lawyer: Communications are confidential and afforded legal privilege unless required to be disclosed by law
- Migration Agent: Legal advice can not be given
- Immigration Lawyer: Legal advice can be given subject to area of practice. If outside the area of practice, will be able to identify possible legal issues and refer to the appropriate lawyer
- is a current Australian Immigration Lawyer
- is a registered Australian Migration Agent
- graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Bachelor of Finance double degree
- was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in December 2002
- has been registered migration agent since June 2007
Note: Only about a quarter (25%) of migration agents are actually Australian Legal Practitioners.
To illustrate this, in 2017 a registered migration agent with:
- MARN: 1722222 - means about 0 years experience (2017)
- MARN: 1522222 - means about 2 years experience (2015)
- MARN: 1322222 - means about 4 years experience (2013)
- MARN: 1122222 - means about 6 years experience (2011)
- MARN: 0922222 - means about 8 years experience (2009)
Our principal, Jay To:
- has extensive knowledge of Australian immigration laws, policies, procedures and processes
- provides quality immigration services with a personal touch
- complies with the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct
- maintains professional indemnity insurance
- meets character requirements (including criminal history checks)
A copy of the Migration Agents' Code of Conduct can be downloaded.